( Drunken scribblesCollapse )
- Current Mood: accomplished
Your result for The Social Persona Test (What kind of man/woman are you?)...
The Rarity (QTAF)
Quirky Traditional Alpha Female
You have an unusual and unbelievably precious combination of traits, especially in a woman. Not only are alpha females extremely rare, but traditional ones with nerdy/geeky interests are even more scarce. Unlike the other types, I can't give you a description because I'm not sure if you actually exist.
PS: I know this is not a compatibility test, but there is a very good chance you are the girl of my dreams. Not to sound desperate or anything, but please, oh please message me! (Assuming, that is, that you are between 20 and 30 and live in New England).
You are more QUIRKY than NORMAL.
You are more TRADITIONAL than LIBERAL.
You are more DOMINANT than PASSIVE.
When picking a date, consider: Lord of the Misfits (QLAM), The Late Bloomer (QTAM), The Snowball's Chance in Hell (QTBM), or The Manga Geek (QLBM).
|You Are Brave and Cheeky|
You are a strong person. You're driven and assertive. Success is yours, as much as you want it.
People find you to be clever and spirited. You're a bit saucy too... delightfully so!
When You Are At Your Best:
You are a hard worker. You need security and stability in your life, even if that means putting in long hours.
People see you as solid and dependable. You are always able to see the good in situations. Other find this comforting.
When You Are in a Social Setting:
You are cutting edge, offbeat, and even a little weird. You are fascinated with trends and technology.
People see you as a bit strange. They're not sure what they should expect of you. You are definitely apt to do your own thing.
Probably quite true - as long as introverted is added to everything :D - lol
If you could all look through your f-lists or perhaps give me an idea where else I should look, I would so greatly appreciate it! Thank you!
- Current Mood: dirty
I loved being a part of it. Not only for the great challenges but for the great reads. There are some incredibly fantastic writers out there and it was a joy to read all of our creativity. And I'm secretly glad I didn't make it into the finals. I saw who I was up against and cringed. These are seriously fantastic authors who can write angst, drama, romance, smut, etc. I'm too much into fluff land still. (Sorry - I love a good fluffy romance - rl is drama enough sometimes :D )
I am also proud that I never used my skip. Sometimes I really wanted too and once I wrote one in 30 minutes before deadline. But I finished every one and that makes me quite proud of myself.
I need to figure out how I can put all of them together in one post. Not to bother you all with them...more so I have them saved somewhere for me :D
I am proud to finally display my banner :D
- Current Mood: accomplished
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are a Bette!
You are a Bette -- "I must be strong"
Bettes are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Stand up for yourself... and me.
- * Be confident, strong, and direct.
- * Don't gossip about me or betray my trust.
- * Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.
- * Give me space to be alone.
- * Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me.
- * I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack.
- * When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.
What I Like About Being a Bette
- * being independent and self-reliant
- * being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
- * being courageous, straightforward, and honest
- * getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
- * supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
- * upholding just causes
What's Hard About Being a Bette
- * overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to
- * being restless and impatient with others' incompetence
- * sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it
- * never forgetting injuries or injustices
- * putting too much pressure on myself
- * getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right
Bettes as Children Often
- * are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
- * are sometimes loners
- * seize control so they won't be controlled
- * figure out others' weaknesses
- * attack verbally or physically when provoked
- * take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings
Bettes as Parents
- * are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted
- * are sometimes overprotective
- * can be demanding, controlling, and rigid
I rarely spout about real life but this is really bugging me. I am in essence a sub-contractor to a company. I can't take my business elsewhere as I am highly specialized. One of the workers of the company I do work for got an engraving machine also and I was told he would be getting all the bronzes. I talked to one of the heads and he assured me that I would continue to engrave everything I had been engraving - that this guy (We will call him Darryl) would be getting the new ones. This was all a hand shake type of deal (been working with them for over 6 years). Well, in all hell going wrong, the head had an accident and may not be back for months. So, another person has come in but is unaware really of how everything works. Darryl of course is busy kissing ass and brown nosing and trying to be indispensable. Told new gal that as he understood it, he would be getting all the bronzes. And to top it off, he's busy throwing the head, the manager and I all under the bus and backstabbing the shit out of us. Problem is I'm too busy actually doing my job, while he has everyone else pick up his slack, to be able to combat this. He has absolutely no ethics and I can only hope that when push comes to shove, the head will be recovered enough to explain it all.
So I'm a bit stressed, so expect bitter angsty or super fluffy (in order to compensate for rl bitterness) drabbles. Thanks for letting me rant.
- Current Mood: stressed
The next challenge seems a bit daunting though!! Luckily, I have my last drabble for the Labor Day challenge over at dramionedrabble done - just have to post it when I get back home on Monday! Good thing too as I think a lot of brain power is going to go to 250 words. Geez that is short - truly a challenge to me who tends to go on and on. Which this post is doing...
But go over and read both sites - there are fabulous stories and authors. Truly a treasure trove of goodness!
- Current Mood: giddy